Why You should Travel Now!


Me, in Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic 

WELCOME TO MY NEW TRAVEL BLOG!

I hope you find inspiration from these pages to travel the world, with others, or solo, to enjoy everything that life through travel experiences has to offer you.

Yes, I love to travel, and these days I do it as often as possible!  The only thing that gives me more joy than planing a new travel adventure for myself,  is creating an amazing custom vacation for my Travel Clients through my Travel Agency, M & E Unlimited Travel.  Creating "Memorable and Effortless" vacations is my specialty, one that I have developed over 10 years of traveling the world myself.

DID YOU KNOW that for a large part of my adult life, I was AFRAID to travel to Europe or anywhere outside of the United States?   I'm sure this must be surprising to many people, considering all of the world destinations I have traveled to in the last few years, and the fact that I now own a Travel Agency! 

Travel has always been a part of my life.  I inherited the "Travel Bug" from my Mother who has always loved to travel and she often took me with her on her trips.   As children, my brother and I were fortunate to traveled with Mom to different parts of the U.S. by train or by car during summer vacations from school.  My father worked out of town every summer and could not go on vacation with us, but Mom always managed to make our summer travel educational and fun for us.  Travel overseas was not something I ever thought much about until I became an adult, and then fear of the unknown kept me stateside.

To my mind, overseas travel seemed filled with obvious and hidden dangers such as Terrorism, foreign languages, foreign currency, crime, disease and Foreign People most of all. I was afraid to travel "over there" because in doing so,  I would be vulnerable to crime or other dangers, as well as being outside my comfort zone of the United States and the few Caribbean islands that I had visited so far. 

However, as the years went by I could not escape the feeling that I was missing something in my life experiences. I began to think that by being afraid to travel overseas I was reading a book that only had one page and I was reading the same page over and over. Finally, as I approached a Milestone Birthday a few years ago, I decided to step out of my comfort zone and take my first trip to Europe.  

My first trip to Europe was to Italy and the Mediterranean for a 12 day vacation.  My experience on that trip was a wonder of new sights, sounds, tastes, people, history, culture and amazing beauty that has stamped my soul forever. 

I saw stunning scenery and historic sites in Rome, Florence and Venice, Italy.  I sampled amazing food in Italy and Greece and rubbed shoulders with the rich in Monte Carlo.  I found people in each country to be friendly, helpful and proud or their country, just as we are in the United States.  I realized how much I had been missing by allowing fear of the unknown to control my life experience.

Since that first trip to Europe, I have traveled all over the world and I have not looked back!  I have turned my love of TRAVEL into a business now, where I invite others to step outside of their comfort zones and go with me to destinations they have always dreamed about!

Do you have a desire to explore the world but something is holding you back?
I invite you now to follow me as I take you on experiential journeys to places around the globe that you may have dreamed of visiting!  

This Blog will be filled with descriptions and photos of my travel experiences, as well as information on opportunities for you to TRAVEL WITH GERRI to those bucket list places on your list that you need to see NOW while you can!

Thanks for Reading! Andiamo!  Lets Go!

Gerrilyn

Me in Sydney, Australia!


Epheus, Turkey gave me chills and Indiana Jones vibes!

One of my favorite destinations in Italy, Positano!

South Africa was life changing!

Rome, the Eternal City has my heart!

I have climbed the Acropolis 5 times! Worth it!


St Petersburg, Russia 2019!  Wow!

The Brandenburg Gate, Berlin, Germany!  It took 20 years, but I made it happen!




Comments